Texas roadhouse is an American restaurant chain with a steak specialty. As big as their name is, they still do not offer a separate gluten-free menu or a good range of gluten-free items. Plus the environment is shared which causes cross-contamination. Also, there is no alternative available for their marinades, sauces, and seasoning for any dish that makes it less appealing to order. Therefore the gluten-free options suitable to eat are very limited.
In Entrees, you can select from Any Steak (No Seasoning or Butter), Grilled Chicken (No Marinade), Pork Chops (Without Texas Roadhouse Seasoning, and Peppercorn Sauce), Salmon, and Steak Kabob. House Salad (with vinegar only, No croutons.), Fresh Vegetables, Baked Potato and Sweet Potato can be ordered as sides but you have to ask the server to Limit seasoning to salt and pepper for all of them.in Dinner salads, you can choose Grilled Chicken Salad (No chicken marinade or croutons) or Steakhouse Filet Salad (No Texas Roadhouse Seasoning on filet) with Limit dressing to oil & vinegar.
- Any Steak (No Seasoning or Butter)
- Grilled Chicken (No Marinade)
- Pork Chops (Without Texas Roadhouse Seasoning and Peppercorn Sauce)
- Steak Kabob
- House Salad (Limit dressing to oil & vinegar. No croutons.)
- Fresh Vegetables (Limit seasoning to salt and pepper.)
- Baked Potato (Limit seasoning to salt and pepper.)
- Sweet Potato (Limit seasoning to salt and pepper.)
- Grilled Chicken Salad (No chicken marinade or croutons. Limit dressing to oil & vinegar.)
- Steakhouse Filet Salad (No Texas Roadhouse Seasoning on filet. Limit dressing to oil & vinegar.)
Texas Roadhouse History
Texas Roadhouse is a legendary steak restaurant. They serve American cuisine from the best steaks and ribs to made-from-scratch sides & fresh-baked rolls. The chain has opened its restaurants in over 563 locations all around the world. The restaurant is known for serving free buckets of peanuts at each table along with free dinner bread rolls.
Texas roadhouse was founded on February 17, 1993, at the Green Tree Mall in Clarksville, Indiana by W. Kent Taylor. In the early 1990s, he used to work at Kentucky Fried Chicken as a manager and had a dream to open his Colorado-themed restaurant. In 1991, Taylor opened Buckhead Hickory Grill but that restaurant business fell apart in few years. Then he decided to make another attempt and in 1993, the first Texas Roadhouse in Clarksville, Indiana was opened. In 2011, Texas Roadhouse inaugurated its first international location in Dubai, UAE that led to open many other international franchises and make the restaurant chain famous and successful.